Residents of West Virginia who want to have a well drilled, or who wish to modify or abandon an existing well, must apply and obtain a permit from their Local Health Department prior to drilling, modifying, or abandoning the well. The application for the permit can be found here.

More information can be found on the WV Public Health Sanitation website