- This event has passed.
Food Handlers Class
April 23 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
An event every month that begins at 9:30 am on day Second of the month, repeating indefinitely
An event every month that begins at 9:30 am on day Fourth of the month, repeating indefinitely
An event every month that begins at 2:00 pm on day Second of the month, repeating indefinitely
An event every month that begins at 2:00 pm on day Fourth of the month, repeating indefinitely
Food Handler Information
This course is required for all Cabell County employees that handle food and/or wash dishes. The purpose of this course is to reduce foodborne illness and teach sanitary food practices. The course covers proper food handling practices that are required under the 2005 FDA Food Code.
- Employees must obtain a valid food service worker card within thirty (30) days of hire.
- A copy of this card must be kept at the place of employment.
- Pre-registration is required for the classes at the health department – please call (304) 523-6483 x 262 to schedule for the class. You should arrive 10-15 minutes early; NO latecomers allowed.
- The class will last about two (2) hours.
- These classes are given every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month at 9:30AM and 2:00PM.
The classes are taught at the Cabell-Huntington Health Department located at 703 7th Avenue in Huntington. We also offer Spanish and Chinese classes when needed. Call for more information.
Online Food Service Worker Classes
Cabell-Huntington Health Department has partnered with statefoodsafety.com to offer online food service worker classes for purchase. A food service worker may click one of the links above and then click “Add to Cart ” for the State Food Safety class or “Buy Course” for the TAP series class. People whose schedule does not allow them to attend our in-person classes, should do one of these as an alternative.